e enjte, 27 mars 2008

Poem by Nunas Dawa

Nunas is one of our teenage girls at Harvesters. She is my sweet friend and I have high hopes for her future as a New Sudan leader. I pray that she becomes a voice for her culture's women. She is truly a unique and gifted young lady.

She wrote the following poem in honor of Women's Day.


A Dream:

I have a dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will be governed by girls and women. It will be governed by girls and women in the spirit of love and unity.

I have a dream. I have a dream that the women and girls of this nation will be judged by their brains and their contributions to our country. Not by the quantity of dowry they can bring to their homes or by the number of offspring they can produce.

I have a dream. I have a dream that my father and my little brother will not hate and discriminate my little sister just because she is a girl. But, they will love and take care of her. They will love and take care of her by educating her for the sake of this country's prosperity.

Yes, my little sister, please make my dream come true.

Nuk ka komente: